So, I’m pretty jazzed to announce the Beta launch (translation: soft launch, a.k.a., “it’s brand new so expect a lot of bugs” launch) of the #YegFilm directory app.
This is a project that I’ve had a frustrating, up-and-down relationship with; I finally resigned myself to failure last year, but apparently stubbornness + a brief stint working for WordPress led me to the idea of abandoning the Ruby on Rails version of the app I had built and leveraging WordPress instead.
Yes, now it’s a thing, out there in the internet, and I hope you will give it a try and email me both bugs and feature requests at sally[at]theedmontonianmediaco.com. Obviously I will avoid them at first, complaining that it’s your fault because you used it wrong, but eventually, I really will fix and update the functionality.
1) go to yegfilm.theedmontonianmediaco.com
You’ll be greeted by this login window. Click the teeny-tiny Register link in the lower left.
2) You’ll be prompted to choose a username and input your email.
3) After you submit your info, check your email. You should (SHOULD, remember, this is a BETA version so your computer might also just burst into flames) receive an email containing your login information.
4) Now you can click the link in the email, login, and click the “edit my profile” link in the upper-right to put in your information.
5) Now, just fill out the fields. Leave anything you don’t have blank. It’s easy to overlook some of the fields, so make sure you complete everything, all the way to the bottom of the page.
6) Now, if I’ve done my job correctly (and let’s be honest, there’s at least a 40% chance that I have not), you should be able to go to the front page of the site and filter all members based on whether they are available for projects, and which skill sets they possess.